Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home4/rcan5730/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Perfect match / Perechea potrivita

Crestere (Breeding) > Crestere (Breeding)

Perfect match / Perechea potrivita

(1/16) > >>

Man Stopper:
In breeding what would be considered a perfect match, do you match two similar dogs who have for example "high prey drive" or could it be linebreeding on a particular dog ? This one's for you Dani as i know you have had contact with world known breeders of the working GSD.. And also for other forum members who may also have some valid info...

zimbris:

--- Quote from: "Man Stopper" ---In breeding what would be considered a perfect match, do you match two similar dogs who have for example "high prey drive" or could it be linebreeding on a particular dog ? This one's for you Dani as i know you have had contact with world known breeders of the working GSD.. And also for other forum members who may also have some valid info...
--- End quote ---

Ro

Cand e vorba de crestere, in ce ar consta alegerea potrivita, doi caini cimilari care au, de exemplu, instinct de prada f dezvoltat, sau te urmaresti sa faci consangvinizare pe un anumit caine?

zimbris:
Well this is the way do thinks..
I scroll the net up and down looking for progenies of the dogs I admire the most (Zorro, Held, Ingo..) and based on that I decide which dogs to go for. But also, very important in my view, is to actually SEE the dog yourself before deciding to breed the female to him; simply because a piece of paper indicating great lineage does not necesarily mean the dog is great as far as character (you can see the physique in pictures I guess). In the end, if you ask me, what you see is what you get, to some degree of course.
And needless to say I put working abilities before looks! That's for sure! If the parents are healthy, have had good progenies AND they are "hard", then I am a happy man. There is a clear tendancy to breed for sport these days and it's becoming harder and harder to find what you and I call a "real" dog.

Ro:
Deci cam asa procedez eu..
Caut net'ul in lung si-n lat in incercarea de-a gasi progeniturile cainilor mei preferati (cum sunt Zorro, Held sau Ingo) si pe baza a ceea ce gasesc iau decizii. Dar mai cred si ca este f important sa vezi cainele pe viu, pt ca "ce e in mana nu-i minciuna", pt ca un document care indica parinti / bunici super nu garanteaza intotdeauna ca animalul e intr-adevar de exceptie.
Si desigur ca pun abilitatile de lucru inaintea aspectului / frumusetii! Aste este regula de aur! Daca parintii sunt sanatosi, au avut progenituri bune si mai sunt si "duri", atunci sunt un om fericit. Exista o tendinta clara de a se promova caini de sport si devine din ce in ce mai greu sa gasesti acel timp de caine "de real".

Man Stopper:
Sure working abilities are important, but as you stated that the tendacy is focused on sport dogs. Who in my opinion have lost that GSD appeal about them, in terms of having that Noble expression and nice thick coat, similar to your dog Ben or that other Blk/TAn male on your videos, i think its Uzi or something like that.. I just am sort of turned off from the constant similar type which i see on the GSD base, and always on the look out for working dogs who actually look like GSD.. I actually noticed a young pup out of Grief ( Born to be a Killer ..... ) His got a strange kind of colour about him..!!!

zimbris:

--- Quote from: "Man Stopper" ---Sure working abilities are important, but as you stated that the tendacy is focused on sport dogs. Who in my opinion have lost that GSD appeal about them, in terms of having that Noble expression and nice thick coat, similar to your dog Ben or that other Blk/TAn male on your videos, i think its Uzi or something like that.. I just am sort of turned off from the constant similar type which i see on the GSD base, and always on the look out for working dogs who actually look like GSD.. I actually noticed a young pup out of Grief ( Born to be a Killer ..... ) His got a strange kind of colour about him..!!!
--- End quote ---

Yes my friend, I too prefer that type of dog, what I would call the "classic type" of GSD. And yes,his name was Uzi  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version